- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the Kathryn Aragon Media entity (referred to in this document as KAmedia) with which you are interacting as detailed above. For example, Kathryn Aragon Media is organizing the event you are attending and managing the website you are using. We will make it clear to you which entity this is;
- ‘the site’ means the Kathryn Aragon Media website you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting our site.
2. How you can contact us:
Business Address: Kathryn Aragon Media, 1125 Autumn Sage Way, Pflugerville, Texas 78660, United States.
Email: katie (at) kathrynaragon (dot) com
3. Information we may collect about you
- Information you give us:
- We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events (whether as a delegate, exhibitor, speaker or attendee) or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you:
- Personal information refers to the types of personal information that may be collected and used, including:
- Collection of information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- Through registration forms we may collect: contact details such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number; educational, nationality and professional information; interests and business information, such as roles and responsibilities; survey information, comments, feedback, posts and any other content submitted; and payment information, such as a credit or debit card number or bank account details where registering for paid events or services.
- Online behavior refers to your visits to and movement within apps and websites being used by KAmedia to provide agreed-upon services.
- We may collect publicly available information including names, job title, employer, telephone, social media and business email address contact details to allow us to send you information about our goods and services using our legitimate interest to do so pursuant to relevant data protection legislation. You can request to stop receiving such communications at any moment by using the unsubscribe links in the footer of the email or by contacting us directly.
- Personal information refers to the types of personal information that may be collected and used, including:
- Information we receive from third parties:
- We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these third parties will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may also engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
- Sensitive personal data
- If collecting or storing sensitive personal data such as information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation, we typically ask for your explicit consent.
- Children’s personal data
- Our products and services are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from this age group. If any information is collected from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, it will be deleted.
4. How we use information about you
For sales and product/event enquiries
To provide you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to events and publications we run, or other services we provide (for example on-demand content online webinars and e-newsletters).
Legal Basis: By specifically requesting information from us, you are consenting to us using your personal data for the purposes of communicating such information to you.
General administration and organization of our events
As a Speaker, Exhibitor, Sponsor or Attendee to our events we may use your details for planning and logistics, to invoice you, to provide you customer service in relation to the event, and general administration of your attendance at the event. We may also share your personal data with other entities in KAmedia for the purpose of assisting in the delivery of the event and/or provision of the applicable service.
Legal Basis: Where you have registered to attend or exhibit at an event, we need to use your personal data in this way to perform our contractual obligations.
To assess the activity of our attendees at our events
We assess how people move around and engage with our events. We do this using any apps you have activated or signed up to, and where you choose to engage with other attendees, exhibitors and staff at our events. We use this information for analytics, and to improve and enhance our events.
Legal Basis: It is our legitimate interest to monitor the location and engagement of our attendees at our events.
Tracking Inside the Event App
The event app does record attendee participation and engagement. When you participate in the event, you are consenting to your Personal Data being passed to KAmedia.
If you choose to engage with an exhibitor, sponsor, or speaker, you are consenting to your Personal Data being passed to the exhibitor or sponsor.
Enhance your Event experience
For exhibitors and sponsors, we engage logistic partners in order to enhance your experience at our events, such as meeting apps, etc.
Legal Basis: We may share your details with logistic partners acting on our behalf: (i) as and when required in order to enable the performance of the contract we have with you; or (ii) so they may inform you of relevant services offered by such preferred partners as approved by the event organizers using legitimate interest or consent if and when required under applicable data protection laws.
To keep in contact with you about other similar events or services of ours that may be of interest to you, send you newsletters, offers or other marketing emails that keep you up to date with our news, events and products that may be of interest or for research purposes after an event you have attended to analyse the effectiveness of our products and offerings to you.
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us and applicable data protection laws, you may have actively given us your consent (i.e. opted in) or we may be entitled to rely on your implied consent or legitimate interests to market to you. The opportunity to opt out of future marketing will always be provided and you have the right to amend your marketing preferences at any time (see Your Rights in section 10).
Legal Basis: It is our legitimate interest to keep you up to date on similar events of ours you have attended our exhibited at in the past. Where we rely on legitimate interests in this way, we will always offer an unsubscribe options or a preference management tool on any marketing or research information we send you.
Online Event Content & Networking Platforms (including, without limitation, digital apps)
As part of your registration to fully Virtual (online) Events & to Live Events that offer online networking and content as an additional service, some of your registration data will be passed to our Networking Application Provider to create an account within the platform.
When entering an online event or content and networking platform you may engage in activities such as: visiting zones or rooms such as an online event space, exhibitor or sponsor booth; downloading content; attend/view live seminars.
As a result of such activities the platform, KAmedia (and any event partner, as may be applicable) may collect, collate and share your personal information and data about your movements and interactions whilst in the virtual event space with the relevant sponsor or exhibitor to allow them to engage with you, subject to applicable data protection laws.
Legal Basis: In order to provide this service to you, your data will be given to the platform provider. Your data will be protected by the platform provider and not commercialized by them. You have the right to access your data, as well as editing or deleting it through the tools provided within the mobile application or web platform.
Photos and videos may be taken at our events, which may feature attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where we have taken photos and videos at our events that feature you as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, those photos and videos may be used for promotional or, where applicable, commercial purposes. You have the right to withdraw the consent you have given at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by the Company before you withdraw your consent
You can find out more information on the privacy notice provided at the time you submit your data to us or in your contract with us (if applicable).
5. Who we might share your data with
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
- Other entities in the KAmedia group for specific purposes. For example, where they may assist in providing products and services to you, manage internal analysis of the usage of KAmedia products and services, or offer relevant products and services which may be of interest.
- Any other KAmedia entity or selected third party for a specific purpose that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent will be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
- We may share your personal information with third parties outside KAmedia including the Securities Exchange in the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture, collaboration, or negotiations related to the same with respect to all or part of our business.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit https://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
7. Third Party Content, Sites, and Contributions
8. How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
9. Where we store your information
All of KAmedia websites, products and services are operated out of the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please be aware that information you provide to us, in relation to such websites, products and services, will be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States.
10. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
KAmedia operates in locations where data protection laws may provide individuals with the right to be able to access and control their information. We will always enable you to exercise the rights provided by the appropriate data protection laws.
10.1 Your EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process Personal Data about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection law, including under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The legal bases will depend on the purpose for which we process your Personal Data as generally described in section 4.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact the DPO (details below).
We note that we are a “controller” for those services where we make decisions on how personal information is used in connection with our services, and we are a “processor” for those services where we only use personal information as allowed by our customers.
US Subjects – How to contact us:
Business Address: 1125 Autumn Sage Way, Pflugerville, TX 78660
Email: katie (at) kathrynaragon (dot) com
10.2 California Privacy Rights
This section explains the rights of certain natural persons residing in the State of California (each, a “consumer”) may have under the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 and such rules and regulations as may be adopted from time to time implementing and interpreting such Act (collectively, “CCPA”). The use of the term “personal information” does so as CCPA defines it, to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. However, personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified, or aggregate consumer information (which are all defined in CCPA). Also, the definition of “personal information” does not currently apply to the collection of personal information from job applicants, employees (whether you are our employee or any employee of our customers), business owners, directors, officers, medical staff or contractors.
Where we act as a “business” under CCPA (meaning we determine the manner and reasons for why we process your personal information), we may be required to disclose additional information regarding the categories of personal information we collect, the sources where we obtain that information, the purposes for why we collect that information, who we share that information with, as well as whether we sell that personal information – all of which depends on the specific service being provided.
California Residents – How to contact us:
If you are a resident of California and are not a job applicant, employee/contractor, or employee/contractor of another company interacting with us in your job role, you have the right to request what category of personal information we collect about you, how we use that personal information, and the categories of third parties we disclose that personal information.
You also have the right to request that we delete your information.
To make a request, you can contact us at +1 469 831 8230 and ask for Kathryn Aragon or by email to katie (at) kathrynaragon (dot) com.
or in writing to: KAmedia, RE: Solopreneur LIVE, 1125 Autumn Sage Way, Pflugerville, Texas 78660, United States.
Please provide us enough information to verify your identity. We will use information you provide to us to verify your request. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process, such as, for example, a copy of your driver’s license and/or a recent utility or credit card bill.